Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOld....

I’m getting older. Well, as is everyone, but in my time on this earth I have aged, I have accumulated various bits of wisdom, and I have shed my skin to take on new personas. I have accomplished goals that can only be termed as personal because they serve no other purpose in this world but to make me feel better rounded, (I will make the perfect chocolate chip cookie!!! I must!!!!) accomplishment for personal enjoyment and enhancement, done for the amusement of one. Me. In an effort to be more than just a girl who learned her vocabulary from romance novels, I’ve developed a taste for the grotesque and ridiculous. I read, read like a freak, which is good for everyone, everyone should read, but I’ve taken to go outside my usual reading fodder of romance, mystery, comedy and fiction to *gulp*, news. I know, I know, first I start reading newspapers, then I start watching news on television, and suddenly I’m programming my Tivo to catch Tim Russert on Meet the Press and then, the absolute worst of the worst happens, I actually give a damn. I know! Hunnydu72 cares??? When did that happen? Is there a pill she can take for that?
It isn’t that I know more as I get older because in high school I could do trigonometry and now, well, I’m happy if I can do addition and subtraction in my head. Okay, I’m happy if I can do subtraction and addition using a piece of paper, and, a calculator. I’ve improved intellectually but I’m going down hill physically. I possess more patience but I have less tolerance. I can see trouble coming but I don’t have the forethought to get out of the way. I make the same mistakes and expect a different effect. I still, however, have a silly streak a mile wide, as I still jam up my tunes when I fill my tank at the gas place. (If the other people getting their gas don’t like ‘Loser’ by Beck, they just have no taste at all.) I want to know something about every subject, but not everything about every subject. I still love going out and hanging out with my friends but equally love curling up on my sofa with a good book. I like to travel but I love to stay home. I am either totally different or more of myself, I’m not sure which.

In other news of the aged, this year, on June 19th, I start lying about my age. It’s vainglorious (Like I said, lots of romance novels!) to lie about my age, but since I’m turning 35, when people ask me my age my response will be 57. While I’m sorta run down for 35, I’m looking damn good for a 57 year old! =D

2 comments:

Mr. Smith said...

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! I was so desperate to read something. I needed a new post today. You are a good and kind soul. As for getting old, have I mentioned that if Ben or Hannah have kids as young as Scott and I did, I could be a Grandma in 6 to 7 years? Yikes! That is so sad, I don't think that even a new Nora Robert's could cheer me up.

Mr. Smith said...

I don't know a way to respond to a comment other than to leave a new comment. Just go ahead and leave one here. I check back fairly regularly.