Sunday, September 23, 2007

Not cool enough to be a nerd...but close...

Welcome to the level dork I am, behold my dorkiness. I was playing on my computer yesterday when my wireless keyboard died. I love my wireless keyboard, it loves me, and we've been very happy together. I try everything I can to revive it, but it just won't type anything, so I go looking for my wired keyboard.
When I had the whole 'Find a new job or starve-palooza' I stayed with my sister and was able to access my email and horoscopes online, but I noticed her spacebar stuck. It drove me insane, so I gave her my one wired keyboard (which is probably in the stacks, and stacks of junk in her house and not being put to use, because the spacebar never bothered Mary so that it bothered me wouldn't matter to her) so I can't use my wired keyboard. I can't run out and spend $80 on a new wireless keyboard and mouse, as they come in a set, so I'm stuck, staring at my lovely monitor, which won't do anything without, you know, input.
I'm about to have a nerd meltdown when I start looking at all the boxes full of stuff that inhabit my dining room area (you Know I can't unpack because the moment I get comfortable I'll have to move for some reason, it's the law) and I see a Logitech keyboard box. I assumed it was for my current wireless keyboard/mouse set, and maybe it'll have the manual in it that will explain the keyboard meltdown and how to fix it. I look on the box and it's an entirely different looking keyboard and mouse set. Er?
Then I remember two years ago when I bought my fabulous wireless keyboard and mouse set, I couldn't make them work, so I called Logitech and complained, and they sent another unit to me, so I tossed the original set per their instructions, and the new set (the one that just had the meltdown) didn't work, so they sent me another set. One day I was playing around with the second set, realizing it was OE that was conflicting with the set (Operator Error), and they worked just fine. So, when the third set came in the mail I tossed it aside and went on happily using the second set.
So, in short, the second set died on me and being the level dork I am, I just happen to have a brand new wireless keyboard and mouse that work brilliantly.
Also, the first and second sets had the annoying charger that sometimes charged the mouse well, and sometimes didn't, but this set all runs on AA batteries, and according to the instructions, the batteries last for months and months and months, so this set is better than both prior sets. Muahahahaaaaa!

1 comment: